Become a Friend of Silvera and support our “Stockings for Seniors” campaign!
This holiday season, we need your help to support seniors and older adults living in Silvera communities.
Show a Silvera resident how much you care by giving a stocking full of items they will love.
Everyone needs a friend, and seniors have been especially challenged with loneliness and isolation over the past 22 months.
It’s easy to get involved. Simply get a group of friends, family members, corporate teams, or groups from schools, churches or community associations together and have a virtual or socially distanced packing party!
Suggested items you may wish to include:
- Ground coffee/flavoured teas/ hot chocolate
- Freeze dried fruit
- Large print word search books or crossword puzzles
- Playing cards
- Trivia books
- Book light
Hygiene products (unscented if possible)
- Hand lotion
- Lip balm
- Winter gear (hats, mitts, scarves)
- Flashlight w/ batteries
- Flameless candles
Here is a printable list.
Then drop off your packed stocking to the collection boxes at any of the following locations.
- Silvera Shawnessy, 30 Shannon Pl. SW, 403-256-4036
- Silvera Aspen, 1171 Bow Valley Ln NE (in Bridgeland), 403-265-2090
- Silvera’s Admin Office, #804, 7015 Macleod Trail SW (in the Centre 70 building) between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Our good friends, the Calgary Canucks, will also be collecting stockings at their Dec. 3, 7 and 18 home games at Henry Viney Arena (814 13 Ave NE). Visit their team website for details.
And, if you cannot pack a stocking but would still like to contribute, you can make an online donation instead.
A few final packing tips:
- Please ensure items are gender neutral. This is for ease of sorting and distribution to ensure as many residents as possible receive stockings.
- Please do not include gift cards or lottery tickets in stockings, as many residents are restricted to their communities during the pandemic.
- All food items must be in original (as-purchased) packaging – no homemade treats please.
- Please do not gift wrap the items in your stocking.
- Please avoid including items that are overtly religious.
Learn more about our Friends of Silvera program.
Please contact [email protected] if you have questions or need additional information.
Thank you for helping to make the season brighter for seniors and older adults in Calgary…and for being a Friend of Silvera.