24 June 2022
For the first time since 2019, Silvera employees recently had a chance to gather, learn and grow together outside of their regular daily jobs at our 15th annual employee conference. The theme of the two-day event on June 7 and 8 was “Diamond Relationships: Strong and bright as we reunite”, a nod to Silvera’s 60th anniversary this year.
Employees took part in several development and networking sessions, including an opportunity to work together to build an ideal community that supports older adults, tell better stories through photographs, and learn about cultural sensitivity to help foster inclusion. The conference is always a great time to learn and laugh with colleagues and appreciate what we can accomplish when we work together.
Several Silvera employees were also recognized at the conference with Long Service Awards and Service of Excellence Awards. Kathy Secord, a 36-year employee, received the Randy Adrian Memorial Award. This special award recognizes a Silvera employee who has exemplified our values and demonstrated a high standard of consistent excellence in their work, and someone who has served in several of our communities over the better part of their career.
This year’s Service of Excellence Recipients:
- Laura Foster, Executive Assistant, Admin
- Jocelyn Graham, Receptionist, Aspen
- Diane Goopio, Community Night Attendant, Beaverdam
- Lourdes Albadawi, Dining Attendant, Bow Valley
- Almaz Gedle, Community Evening Attendant, Confederation Park
- Melgrace Estayo, Community Evening Attendant, Shawnessy
- Lualhati (Lu) Araza, Community Night Attendant, Shouldice
- Williebell Mangosing, Dining Attendant, Spruce
- Maria Riza Pangilinan, Administrative Coordinator, Valleyview
- Vannjann Galapon, Cook, Westview
- Chris MacEachern, General Maintenance Person, WPOTB