Supporting your independence
As we age it can become difficult to manage some the basic daily activities required to remain healthy and independent. Silvera believes that with the right supports, residents in a supportive living environment can remain as independent as possible and age successfully in the community. These communities are ideal for seniors that:
• are able to manage a majority of their daily needs
• would enjoy community living
• would like or benefit from daily dining, weekly housekeeping, and life, learning and leisure programs
• have scheduled home care or other supports in place if required
• would like 24-hour staff on site
• comfortable with studio, one-bedroom or couples suites
Read on to learn more about our supportive living communities:
Fresh ingredients, varied menus and meals shared with friends — this is dining at Silvera.
Feel confident knowing our full-service communities are clean and well looked after.
Keeping our facilities, common areas and surrounding grounds in excellent condition.
Life, Learning and Leisure
Residents engage in programs and events that help them stay healthy in mind, body and spirit.
Supportive living is not a fit if:
• You have health needs that require medical staff on site. If you have health needs that require medical care, please consider long-term care. Health-care facilities in Alberta (PDF).
• You would like to have your own kitchen in your suite and cook all your own meals. If you would like to cook your own meals, please consider our independent living.
Silvera does not offer long-term care or assisted living. Our supportive living communities do, however, have non-medical employees on site 24/7 and residents can access scheduled home care through our partners, including Alberta Health Services and CBI Health. We also deliver specialized memory care and mobility programs in some of our supportive living communities. Learn more.
Silvera is committed to ensuring that its housing and accommodation services and supports are affordable and can be accessed by older adults with varying financial means.
In partnership with all levels of government Silvera offers several affordable independent living options for seniors who qualify. If your annual income as reported on your tax return is less than $37,500, you would qualify for a bachelor suite in one of our buildings with affordable housing. The maximum income for a one-bedroom suite is $44,000 and the maximum income for a two-bedroom suite is $54,000.
Well-Priced Market Housing
Silvera offers well-priced market housing at several of its locations with pricing that is competitive. Many of these well-priced apartments come with upgraded units and access to fee-for-service lifestyle packages to enhance the experience of residents. There is no minimum or maximum income qualification for Silvera's well-priced housing.