Create the Lifestyle you want
We believe it’s important for seniors to remain independent, active and to live their lives fully on a daily basis, our independent living communities provide ultimate flexibility for residents to create the lifestyle that they want as they age. These communities are ideal for active seniors that:
· enjoy community living environments
· are able to independently meet their daily needs (e.g. shopping, cooking, cleaning)
· have made their own arrangements for scheduled home care or other community supports in place if required
· want 24-hour on-call maintenance
· wish to have access to community administration
Read on to learn more about our independent living communities:
1 and 2 Bedrooms with Kitchens
Silvera's living options for the fully independent older adult include apartments and town homes.
Our maintenance team works hard to keep our facilities, common areas and surrounding grounds in excellent condition.
Independent living is not a fit if:
· You cannot manage your needs independently
· You cannot manage emergency evacuation
· You would like some additional services and supports beyond what home care offers
Silvera is committed to ensuring that its housing remains affordable and can be accessed by older adults with varying financial means.
If independent living is not for you, please visit our supportive living page.
Affordable Independent Living
In partnership with all levels of government Silvera offers several affordable independent living options for seniors who qualify. If your annual income as reported on your tax return is less than $39,500, you would qualify for a bachelor suite in one of our buildings with affordable housing. The maximum income for a one-bedroom suite is $49,000 and the maximum income for a two-bedroom suite is $59,000.
Well-Priced Independent Living
Silvera offers well-priced market housing at several of its locations with pricing that is competitive. Many of these well-priced apartments come with upgraded units and access to fee-for-service lifestyle packages to enhance the experience of residents. There is no minimum or maximum income qualification for Silvera's well-priced housing.