Housing – Accommodation Only
Silvera’s accommodation-only buildings offer advantages for older people who wish to remain living on their own, fully independently, and require rent that is calculated based on their income.
Our accommodation-only communities are self-contained apartments, townhouses and cottages. Located in mature neighbourhoods throughout Calgary, these communities feature mainly one-bedroom suites, and studios. All suites have full kitchens. Silvera communities are close to amenities and transit.
Our apartments and townhouses might be right for you if:
- Your income is low or moderate
- You can independently meet your daily needs (e.g. shopping, cooking, cleaning)
- You have scheduled home care or other community supports in place
- You want 24-hour maintenance on-call
- You wish to have access to community administration and a resident support team
These accommodations are not right for you if:
- Your income exceeds the identified income threshold
- You cannot manage the tasks of daily life on your own
- You would not be able to manage emergency evacuation on your own
- You need or would like services and supports such as daily meals and housekeeping
Rents and fees
- Rent: 30 per cent of your annual income. Total annual income is on line 15000 of your most recent Notice of Assessment.
- Service fees and utilities: There are no service fees for our accommodation-only communities. Utilities are $50 per month.
- Ancillary fees: If used, fees are charged for optional internet and parking (subject to availability).
The average income of residents in Silvera’s accommodation-only communities is $1,850 monthly. If your income is more or less than this, you may still qualify to live at Silvera.
Silvera offers fixed-rate units at our Gilchrist Gardens and Willow Park on the Bow communities.
Willow Park on the Bow
Willow Park on the Bow fixed rates, as at Oct. 1, 2020
- WPOTB has 130 one-bedroom suites (17 barrier-free) with a fixed rent of $1,110 per month and 20 two-bedroom suites with a fixed rent of $1,310 per month.
- Rent includes six meals per month, cable and internet. Residents pay separately for electricity.
- Features a media room, common areas, activity spaces
Gilchrist Gardens fixed rates, as at Oct. 1, 2020
- Gilchrist Gardens has 23 suites with a fixed monthly rent of $1,000 (three of which are barrier free), four suites with a fixed monthly rent of $1,190, and 34 rent-geared-to-income suites (some of which are barrier free).
- Rent includes basic cable and utilities.
Some of Silvera’s accommodation-only communities have a waitlist.
Our waitlists consider an individual’s needs and priorities. An applicant’s position on the list:
- Can change based on their needs and priorities and how those compare to other applicants.
- May not determine how quickly they get housing.
Silvera follows a process established by the Government of Alberta to ensure fair access to affordable housing. If an applicant’s circumstances change, we are happy to re-evaluate their application and alter their position on our waitlist accordingly.