Thank you for expressing interest in Silvera for Seniors. The following information will assist you in completing your application for subsidized housing accommodation.
Silvera is a major provider of affordable Independent Living with a range of supports in Calgary. We are a not for profit organization providing a comfortable, home-like environment for functionally independent seniors. Applicants are assessed on a priority rating system to determine need in terms of risk factors, independence and current housing.
To apply for accommodation please complete the following:
- Complete all sections of the application form.
- Provide a copy of your Notice of Assessment (processed Income Tax) from the most recent tax year. If you cannot locate yours, call Canada Revenue Agency at 1.800.959.8281.
- Ask your doctor to fill out the Medical Report. Please note that if there is indication of memory loss, a memory test (MOCA or MMSE) will be required.
- Submit the application form, NOA and Medical Report through fax: 403 276 9152, mail: 804, 7015 Macleod Trail SW, Calgary, AB T2H 2K6 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application is received, our Placement Team will review the application and supporting documents to ensure they are complete. If information or documentation is missing, you will be notified.
- Upon receipt of your completed application, a member of the Placement Team will contact you to schedule an in-person meeting to review your application. This discussion will assist in determining eligibility of the applicant. If determined that you may be eligible, your name will be added to our waiting list.
- When a suite becomes available, you will be called for an intake interview. Please note that your needs will be re-assessed at this time to ensure they can be met within the services we can provide.
Please note: when you fax, email or mail in your Notice of Assessment, please ensure you have your contact information on the sheet in order for us to follow up.
Print out and complete Medical Report (see below), if currently in hospital, rehabilitation or if a medical has been requested by Silvera for Seniors. Have your doctor complete the confidential medical report *Your Doctor can return it directly to the Silvera main office by mail, fax or email.
Privacy Notification Statement
This personal information is being collected under the authority of the Alberta Housing Act and will be used to determine need and allocation of housing.
Collected personal information is protected from unauthorized access, collection, use, and disclosure in accordance with Alberta privacy legislation and can be reviewed or corrected upon request.
Questions regarding the collection of personal information can be directed to:
Silvera for Seniors
Suite 804, 7015 Macleod Trail SW, Calgary AB T2H 2K6
Phone: 403-276-5541 Fax: 403-276-9152 Email: email@example.com